Saturday, September 29, 2012

You just know..

When do you know it's time to answer the call? When do you know it's time to make the change? Is it one of those things where you just know? Those things have always frustrated me. You know? You ask someone a questions and they're like oh "you'll just know when the time is right." What if you don't know, though? What if you're one of those people who has a really hard time knowing when you know. Does that make sense? 

Well I feel like I'm one of those people. I've always struggled with the whole "you'll just know moment." But, lately I feel like I'm right on the edge of the knowing. I'm getting restless. I'm feeling maybe God is preparing me for something. All the struggles and disappointments I've experienced are getting me ready for something, maybe something big maybe something small. I don't know, but I don't want to miss it. Have you ever had that fear? Like God has been preparing you for something and you know it but then all of a sudden the satan gets all up in your grill putting doubt in your mind. Doubt that says you won't know it when it happens or doubt that says you're not as close to God as you think you are. That doubt is scary and it makes me think I don't know. So when people say "oh you'll just know" I think will I? How will I know I know? You know? I begin to question God whether or not I am actually capable of doing whatever it is he wants me to do. When I finally shut up long enough to listen to God I am reminded that he will not leave me hanging, as so many people have done to me in the past. He's not in the business of calling people and then hanging them out to dry. He's in the business of building us up to fulfill his mission. You are where you are for a specific reason and purpose even if it is unpleasant. He will use everything for His glory. He has not forgotten about you or deserted you. And when it is time to answer his call you will know. There will be no doubt in your heart or mind. He will lay out the path before you. 

Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us[a] that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. Hebrews 12:20-22

No comments:

Post a Comment