Tuesday, September 25, 2012

One Day at a Time

Wow, it's been quite some time since my last blog post. I could make a thousand excuses as to why my life got busy, but let's be honest, everyone gets busy and certain things fall by the wayside and that's what happened. My blog fell by the wayside, but no more I say! When God calls us to something He means it. He doesn't just mean for us to do it when we have time to do it, He means for us to make it a priority. So often I find myself letting the things God's called me to be the things I let slide. Other things become more important, and it's usually not frivolous things. It's things like school work and house work; things that I can easily justify to myself as important, but are they more important than the spiritual state of my soul?? I don't think so. The eternal state of our soul is the most important and it is only through a relationship with Jesus Christ that promises us eternity in heaven keyword being relationship. A relationship involves two people interacting with and communicating with each other on a regular basis. It usually involves both people giving and both people taking, but what is utterly amazing about our relationship with Jesus is that He gave the ultimate gift...life. So why do I not want to constantly be giving everything back to him? Because I'm human and I'm selfish. I'll be honest. In my relationship with Jesus I like to take what He gives, but when it comes to giving up everything to Him...yeah not so much. But when I fail He doesn't take anything away. He's always there to pick me back up. Every. Single. Time. I want to give up everything to Him. He deserves everything I have. And it is a daily struggle to wake up and decide to hand it all over to Him. If you happen to struggle with the same thing don't be discouraged and don't dwell on all the times you failed. Decide today that things will be different and take it one day at a time, spending time in the word and prayer, asking God for help. This is not something that can be done on human strength alone. We are inadequate and when left to our own devices we always come up short, but with God ALL THINGS are possible.

I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment