Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Who knows best?

Have you ever wanted something so bad, but when you got it it wasn't what you thought it would be? I know I have. I have a tendency to build up things in my mind and have these great expectations only to be disappointed. Even though those experiences are painful and hard I know God uses them for our good and for his glory, because let's be hones, he's in the business of bringing himself glory through our lives and how awesome is that. He can use my crappiest moments, when I feel like I've hit the absolute bottom to bring glory to his name! All I can say to that is thank you God!

I was talking with my mom recently and she said something that really struck me. She said, "sometimes, God gives us what we want only teach us that he knows better." And I started thinking to myself, mom you did it again! She always knows how to pierce straight to my heart and tell me what I need to hear, because at that time I was asking a lot of why questions. Why do things have to be so hard and why didn't this turn out like I had hoped it would? And the answer is because I don't know anything about anything! God knows best and there are many times that I forget that. It's extremely hard to put your complete and utter trust into someone when you've been burned by people time after time. We think we know better. We think we know ourselves the best, but let me tell you I am confident that the one who created me and knit me together in my mother's womb knows me better than I ever thought I could. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9  And how thankful I am that his ways and thoughts are higher than mine, for whenever I get what I thought I wanted it is never what I thought it would be. 


We serve a God who is in the business of working for our good. Romans 8:28 says "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,[b] for those who are called according to his purpose." So my question for you is, do you love him? Because we sure know he loves us. (John 3:16) We just need to respond to his love and when we respond to his love with complete and total trust in him he will work all things for our good and for his glory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment